Age limit for booking
To book / enter into an agreement with us, you must be 18 years or older. Credentials may be required at check-in.
Booking / payment
When booking, a written booking confirmation must be sent to you by e-mail. The booking is binding when you have paid the booking fee or the entire rent. The booking fee is paid before the confirmation is sent.
You can cancel in writing to email@example.com or by phone +358 (0)50 016 0231.
The cancellation does not count if it is made to someone else.
- If you cancel earlier than 3 days before arrival, the total rent – 1,5 % transactionfee will be refunded.
- If the booking is canceled 3 days before arrival, 50% of the total rent – 1,5 % transactionfee will be refunded.
If there is no cancellation and the booked object is not used by the guest, Bergö Havsudden has the right to credit the total price for the booking. Changes that involve another time or object are to be considered as cancellation and new booking.
Cancellation with 100% refund of rent if any of the events listed below has occurred.
- Death, illness or accident of a serious nature that has affected yourself, spouse, cohabitant, your or spouse’s spouse’s parents, children, siblings or fellow traveler
- Another serious event occurs outside your control, e.g. extensive fire or flood in your home, which means that it is not reasonable to request that you stick to your booking
- Conscription into the armed forces or civil defense
You must be able to prove your impediment with a certificate from a doctor, authority or insurance company. Certificates received later than seven (7) days after the cancellation date will not be considered.
Check-in / check-out times
Check-in time is at 15:00 and the check-out time is no later than 12.00 unless otherwise agreed.
Rules of Procedure
Rules of procedure apply to Bergö Havsudden. Violation of the rules of procedure means that the guest can be rejected.
You have the protection you deem necessary, such as liability, accident and luggage insurance.
Bergö Havsudden’s responsibility
Bergp Havsudden is responsible for damage caused to you through proven negligence by Bergö Havsudden within the framework of their duties. Bergö Havsudden is not responsible for damage caused to you by outsiders or other guests. Nor for damage that was outside Bergö Havsudden’s control.
Complaints / Complaints
If the rented item does not meet the promised condition, we want you to report it within 24 hours of arrival so that we have an opportunity to do so. Errors that occur during your stay, we want you to report as soon as possible.
For more information visit our website: www.bergohavsudden.fi
Phone: +358 (0)50 016 0231
About the Data Protection Regulation
Data protection is an important part of our web hosting business. Protecting our customers’ personal data and having their trust is a very important prerequisite for our business. The personal information you provide us helps us to offer you personal support and services tailored to you.
The new Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) applies from 25.05.2018 to all companies and organizations within the EU that process personal data . The new regulation wants to place a stronger emphasis on your right as a customer to decide over your own information and how it is used. As a customer of ours, you give us personal information about yourself or your employees. It is your responsibility to tell these people about our (Bergö Havsudden) principles for privacy protection.
Who we are
Bergp Havsudden is responsible for personal data for our operations in Finland.
Our website address is https://bergohavsudden.fi. Our FO number is 2449402-5 .
What personal information we collect and why we collect it
Usually the personal information is collected directly from you in connection with you booking a cottage from us, either via the booking service on our website, by phone or as an e-mail to us. Sometimes we need additional information to keep the information up to date or to check that the information we have is correct.
We may also collect information from you through feedback or other interaction via our digital channels, e.g. inquiries via Facebook.
1. Personal information we collect is divided into the following categories:
- Contact information
Phone numbers and addresses, including email address.
- Address information
Ort and postal code and country
2. Entry into force and administration of service and product agreements
The main purpose of our processing of your personal data is to be able to book a cottage for you.
3. How do we protect your personal information
We store your personal information in a safe and secure way, it is a central part of our business. We have taken appropriate technical, organizational and administrative security measures to protect the information we hold against loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction.
4. Your privacy rights
As a registered person, you have rights regarding the personal data we hold about you. You have the following rights:
- Right to request access to your personal data. The personal information we have about you is stored in our booking system
- Right to request correction of incorrect or incomplete personal data. If the personal data is incorrect or incomplete, you have the right to request correction of the data
- Right to request deletion. You have the right to request deletion that your personal data be deleted
- Right to data portability. You have the right to access the personal information you have provided to us, in a machine-readable format. This only applies to the information processed when we execute a booking
5. Cookies for our website
We collect, process and analyze information about the use of our website. Internet traffic generates data related to visitors to the website and the data managed in computer networks to send, distribute or make messages available.
A cookie file is always stored in the device and browser you visit our website with. You can go to your browser at any time and delete cookies from your computer.
6. How long do we keep your information?
We store your information for as long as it is needed for the purposes for which it was collected and processed or for as long as required by law and other regulations.
This means that we save your information for as long as it is necessary to carry out the booking of a cottage / cottages for you and as long as the applicable minimum requirements for storage times in laws and other statutes are required.
The requirements for storage times depend on current legislation, some examples that require data storage:
- Details of execution of a booking
We continuously improve and develop our services, products and websites, therefore the content of the data protection description may change over time. We will not restrict the rights you have under this data protection description or applicable data protection laws in Finland and within the EU. In the event of significant changes in the processing of personal data, we will notify this in a clear manner, when we are obliged to do so in accordance with applicable law. Feel free to visit this page to stay up to date on any changes.
8. For questions
You can also file a complaint or contact the data protection authority in one of the countries where we offer you our services.